Saturday 6 August 2016

Sex (the activity)


I suppose one should have something on this subject to attract an audience. Although I don’t know much about it and have only faded memories of it, I was reminded of it recently by a clever cartoon in The New Yorker. The caption below two women in a cafe reads: “Lately, I feel like the only time I have to myself is when I am having sex with Brian.”

That, in turn, reminded me of an example of similar sentiments expressed years ago when, in a short story,  a woman says: “When they’re doing it - you know what I mean- that’s when I do my planning. It gives you time to yourself.” Those of you with prurient interests or those of you who think I make up such stuff should see for the former, The New Yorker (Dec. 22, 2015) and for the latter, Secret Harmonies: The Collected Stories, by V.S. Pritchett.

No comments:

Post a Comment