Sunday 13 November 2022

Celebrities!!!

Celebrity Cameos 


  It is snowing today and I am back at the blogworks. Thinking about a subject to approach I came up with CELEBRITIES because the citizenry seems to be obsessed with them and I need to divert some attention to this blog. I figure I can get some if I offer those who are star-obsessed a way to make a connection with their idols. 

  I vaguely recalled that there are now services that provide connections, such as, for example, getting Kyrie Irving or Kanye West to send you a tweet (unless you are Jewish.) Touching and personalized emails also will be sent if you know who to pay. 

 You can even get a personal video from the most aloof of celebrities, while your friends have to rely on those provided by the paparazzi. There are also ways to get them from the more elusive and rarer Canadian celebrities. For example, Mr. Roach above is a star in the show Trailer Park Boys and for $265 you will get a video directly from him. One from Wendel Clark is only $156 and these are Canadian dollars not the real ones. As the related website says, "Capture The Wow!"

Post Cards From Authors

   More suited for the readers of Mulcahy's Miscellany are the handwritten notes you will receive from the authors you cherish, once I show you where to look. I am not sure how many Canadian writers participate, but that is Claire Messud above. While perhaps not strictly Canadian, she spent time here and her mother is.
  Right now Claire will write to you for $75 (US), but there is a catch. Notes such as hers are part of an auction and her price may rise before the November 30, deadline. At this time, David Sedaris will write something funny for $400 while a more serious note will come from Donna Tart for $550.

  Now that I have warmed up, I will move to more serious subjects. Before I do, here is the information you need and I am sure there is more to be found.

Sources:
  For the crass, go directly to CAMEO - Celebrity Video Messages. 
  Those of you who are more refined should have a look at,  The Common's Author Postcard Auction. Do so soon. The site is worth visiting for the pictures of the authors. The funds raised are used to support the publishing efforts of writers from various backgrounds. The Common is located at Amherst College and The Common is also a literary periodical, the kind of "little magazine" I have often mentioned in my "Periodical Ramblings See, for example, The Sewanee Review

No comments:

Post a Comment