Wednesday 14 September 2022

Spring Is In The Air!!

Spring in Victoria


 As Fall Approaches


   If I was to go to the store today to pick up a rake for the leaves that will soon fall, I would expect to see shelves full of Halloween grotesqueries and perhaps even hear "Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer" emanating from the speakers. Such assaults on our senses are another reason I avoid shopping and will miss the "Black Friday" sales. Perhaps I already have. At my age it is difficult enough to keep track of the seasons, weeks and days, and presenting such out-of-sync stimuli does not help.

   My award this year for the premature escalation of the seasons goes to Tourism B.C.  On August 19th, I received from them an email with this title: "6 UNFORGETTABLE SPRING EXPERIENCES." Perhaps it is because the tourism industry is just as competitive as the retail one, that such an email was sent so early. Or perhaps it was a boast from B.C. where, in fact, spring does arrive earlier in some parts of it than anywhere else in Canada.

   You should know that I am just trying to make a point and do not at all wish to be perceived as being critical of the tourism folks out in Super, Natural British Columbia. The website "Destination BC" is an excellent one and their emails promoting the province make you want to hop on the nearest train (thus avoiding Pearson.) Have a look at "HELLOBC". It will entertain you during the long winter ahead which may arrive well after the Easter promotions have begun.

No comments:

Post a Comment