Saturday 28 October 2017

A Note From the Chief Cunctator




    That would be me.
    It has been exactly one month since my last post which means that I need to get back to work if I want to provide any for October. The problem is not just procrastination. There is an ill family member who requires some time and attention. As well, there has been, of late, an Indian Summer which is really the only summer we had this year. It was far nicer to be outside than in. There was also a trip to Vancouver visiting with family. All of the above explains my blogging inactivity and will serve to remind me later of why I was so unproductive.

    It has been a little over one year since I started this blog so I will say a few words about it. From the "About this blog" section I learned that apparently one purpose for it was to assist me in improving my memory. I can't say that it has helped much. When I look at older entries I remember doing them, but I can't say that I would be able to tell you much about them if you were sitting with me on the patio.
   As for the 'subjects' of the posts I can only say that they were largely unplanned and unpredictable. Andreski was in the last one and this is likely the only blog of the bazillions out there that mentions both Noam Chomsky and Tex Cobb. None of these gents were on my blogging-to-do-list. That I discuss Mother Teresa and Matthias Buchinger as well as bed-pushing is a surprise to me. That there are so few personal things covered, such as the brief mention of the ill relative and Vancouver trip, is also rather strange, but it is likely the case that you are more interested in Tex Cobb than your are in me or an ill relative.

    Given such subjects it is not surprising that this blog has attracted no interest at all. It is still the case that I have not attempted to promote it and just about every friend and family member is unaware of it. On the rare occasion that I have pushed a post out to someone who is likely to be interested in the topic, I can't say that they have suggested that I come out of retirement to offer my wisdom to the masses.

   Still I will persist and now that I have limbered up a bit I will try to offer some short posts to ramp up the October number. After that the weather should get worse and my offerings should get better.
Post Script:
I apologize for writing 'Indian Summer' and am not quite sure if I should replace it with 'Indigenous Summer'. Let me just say that we had some unusually nice weather.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment